How to Identify a Product That Has Been Sold With the Incorrect Cost
- Open the Menu
- Select Reporting
- Select Sales Reports
- Select Product under Report Type
- Select No under Consolidate By Report Type
- Select the Profit Percentage column heading to sort the sales from lowest to highest profit percentage
Once the product with the incorrect cost has been identified, you can either click on the Invoice Number link in an unconsolidated Sales Report to view the sale in your Sales History or make a note of the product to manually edit the cost in the product edit page.
How to Modify the Cost of an Item
- Open the Menu
- Select Stock Management
- Select Products
- Search for the product you wish to modify the cost of and select Edit
- Navigate to Sell & Cost Prices
- Change the Item or Case Cost to the correct amount
Note: Before editing the product ensure that the Case Quantity is set to the correct value, as having the incorrect case quantity can lead to the incorrect cost when processing sales.
How to Cancel and Reprocess Sales Once the Product Cost Has Been Corrected
To locate the original incorrectly processed sale in sales history see finding the previous sale using Sales History.
- Select Cancel Sale
- Select Continue
- Enter a reason, such as Incorrect Product Cost as the Cancel Reason
- Select Confirm
Once the sale has been cancelled, select Reload Sale. This will take you to the Sell screen with the cancelled item reloaded onto the sell screen.
Note: If the case quantity was modified then Reload Sale will load an incorrect product quantity. It is best to manually enter the sale if this is the case.
To ensure that the profit percentage is showing the expected amount see How to View Live Profit in the Register.
If the original sale was made with integrated EFTPOS, you can finalise the sale as a cash payment and then modify the payment method to match the original transaction in the Sales History, see Modify Details of a Sale.