A Spend & Get promotion is when a customers transaction total is over a nominated amount (ie. $30). The customer is then eligible for the Spend & Get promotion which a discount on particular product(s).
To activate the promotion when serving a customer you will be required to manually select a product called 'Spend & Get 1', 'Spend & Get 2' or 'Spend & Get 3' along with the product on promotion.
If the Spend & Get products do not exist in your product search then please do the following.
How to create a Spend & Get product
- Navigate to the product overview page via Menu > Stock Management > Products
- Click + Add Product
- Into the Barcode text box please type 'SG1'
- Click Next
- Select SPEND & GET 1
- Ensure the cost is set to $0
- Ensure the 'Track Inventory' toggle is disabled
- Click Save
Note; the required IBA barcodes have been inserted into the relevant Spend & Get products.
Complete the above steps again for the second and third Spend & Get product and type SG2 and SG3 into the Barcode text box.
Multiple Spend & Get products are required for accurate scan data reporting. Please refer to your promotional sheet for the relevant Spend and Get number to be applied to each promotion.
Note; Shopfront creates the Spend & Get promotion for the following zones - VIC Zone 1, NSW, ACT & WA Zone 1/2.
These zones are NOT required to create the promotion manually.
If you belong to one of the above zones mentioned and the Spend & Get promotion has already begun then please contact shopfront for the push of the promotion. Please ensure you have created the Spend & Get products prior to making contact.
Creating a Spend & Get Promotion Manually (SA & TAS Only)
- Navigate to the promotions overview page via Menu > Marketing > Promotions
- Click + Add Promotion
- Follow the creation wizard's instructions
- On the page 'What type of promotion do you wish to run?' select Spend $X get 'Y'
- Add the amount of money that has to be spent in your store to activate the promotion for 'Y'
- Add the Spend & Get product on 'What should the customer spend it on?'
- Continue following the creation wizard's prompts
- Once finalised you will be presented with the full edit page for this promotion, check the details are correct
- Finalise by clicking Save
Congratulations you have successfully setup a Spend and Get Promotion.
Note; if there are multiple products within the Spend & Get promotion with the same quantity and price it's best that you load all of the products into one promotion.
Most stores prefer to have a sales key setup in the register rather than searching for a product. If you would like to setup products in sales keys then please refer to the following articles Adding a Product to Sales Keys and Sales Keys