The battery to your Motorola LS4278 is located in a chamber in the scanner handle. Occasionally you will need to replace a failing or end of life battery and below are the steps to accomplish this.
- Insert a Philips screwdriver in the screw at the base of the scanner handle, then turn the screw counter clockwise to release the latch.
- Remove the latch.
- If a battery is already installed, turn the scanner upright to slide the battery out. Disconnect the connector clip.
With the contacts on the connector clips facing in the same direction, attach the new battery’s connector clip to the connector clip in the base of the scanner.
- Slide the new battery into the battery well an ensure the battery leads are visible. The battery should sit securely in the well.
- Attach and close the latch.
- Insert a Philips screwdriver in the screw at the base of the scanner, press down gently and turn the screw clockwise to lock the latch in place.