Occasionally you might experience an error while performing a transaction through your Linkly terminal, this article describes common problems and how to fix them.
PINpad Offline Error
If you receive a PINpad Offline error when performing a Linkly transaction (pictured below) we suggest trying the following:
- Follow the tips on the screen,
- Restart the computer,
- Run the Linkly auto detect function,
- Contact Linkly
Restart your PC
This is the easiest option and often the quickest, you can use any method to restart the computer, we've provided instructions on restarting a Windows 10 computer.
- Navigate to the Windows Start button
- Click on 'Power'
- Select 'Restart'
Once restarted, open Shopfront and attempt another sale using Linkly.
Run Auto Detect
If restarting the computer doesn't fix the issue, you'll need to run Linkly's Auto Detect functionality.
- On the bottom right corner of your screen, to the left of your current date and time, locate the ^ symbol. Click on it once to show the taskbar icons
- Double click on the teal (blue/green) coloured C icon
- Select AUTO DETECT
- Select Detect
- Once this process is completed, close the window by selecting the x in the top right corner.
Once the window has closed, attempt to put a sale through Linkly.
If none of the above fix the issue, you'll need to contact Linkly (Shopfront is unable to support you as the issue lies between Linkly's software and your PINPad) - their contact details can be found on their website.