To pay off a customers account follow these steps:
- Open the Menu
- Select Customer Management
- Select Customers
- Search for the customer by typing into the text box
- Select View to the right of the customer's name
- Choose the Balance & Payments tab to the right
- Click the Make Payment key
This will take you to the Make Payment page. Here you fill in relevant details, see the customer's current balance, and a list of all outstanding sales with individual sales' balances.
- Enter the amount the customer is paying into Payment Amount
- Enter the date the customer paid
- Select the register customer is paying on
- Choose the payment method customer is paying (once this is selected, you will be able to type amounts into the Allocation Column)
You can either allocate specific amounts to outstanding sales or choose Autofill at the bottom of the page. Finalise processing the payment by clicking 'Complete at the bottom of the screen.
You can also choose to put a customer's account into credit.
Make an Account Payment with Credit
To receive a payment with credit you will first need to enter the full payment amount without allocation to the customer's account. Once that has been completed we can allocate parts of the payment to outstanding invoices. The amount that is not allocated will remain on the balance as credit.
To do so please first follow the steps outlined above until reaching step 4. of the Make a Payment Section and follow the below steps:
- DO NOT enter Allocations to the listed outstanding invoices
- Click Complete instead
- Click Yes on the confirmation and e.g. follow the EFTPOS processing steps on the integrated terminal
Allocate the payment:
- Click on the previously processed Unallocated Payment on the Balance & Payment page
- Click the Allocate button
- Select the Autofill button at the bottom or manually enter the Allocations
- Click Complete
- Click Yes to confirm