Advanced Stocktake creates a live Stocktaking Session which deducts sales from scanned products to calculate the correct stock total at the end of the session. The Stocktaking Session allows for multiple users on different devices to join the same stocktake.
Considerations and Requirements
Please consider the following before beginning an advanced stocktake session;
- Purchases have been received into the system if the stock delivered is to be counted.
- A product found in multiple locations must be counted within the same stocktake session.
- Multiple people on multiple devices are able to join the stocktake session.
- If a product is counted and then sold, it will automatically minus the sale quantity amount.
- Only count what you see. The system will handle the rest.
- An internet connection is required initially and when completing the stocktake. An Internet connection is not required when counting but is recommended.
- Will you be counting all the products in the store, or is it a partial stocktake? This is only relevant if you wish to zero the inventory of the products not counted in the stocktake, see below for more information.
Full Stocktake or Partial?
If you select Full Stocktake, you will receive a prompt upon completion of the stocktake with the option to either zero or ignore the inventory of products which were not scanned in the stocktake.
If Partial Stocktake is selected, you will receive a prompt upon completion of the stocktake with the option to either zero or ignore the inventory of products which were not scanned. If inventory is zeroed it will only do so for the categories that the products in the stocktake belong to. You will also be able to add any other categories to the stocktake upon completion to zero the inventory of the products belonging to them which were not counted in the stocktake.
Starting a New Session
- Select the Menu icon
- Select Stock Management
- Select Stocktake
- Select Advanced Stocktake
- Full Stocktake or Partial Stocktake (if not sure what to select go back to the explanation on Full or Partial Stocktake)
- Name the Stocktake
- Choose the outlet
- Toggle on or off Display expected
- Display Expected determines whether staff counting the stock should be able to see the expected amount of items to be counted. (Current Inventory level)
- Select Continue
At this point the system has created a stocktake session. If a product is counted and then sold, it will automatically minus sale quantity amount.
Joining a Stocktake Session in Progress
- Select the Menu icon on the device you wish to join the stocktake
- Select Stock Management
- Select Stocktake
- Look for your In Progress stocktake and select Continue
Advanced Stocktaking allows two different scanning modes, normal mode and quick scan mode. Either can be used at any time by toggling the Quick Scan Mode toggle at the top of the page.
Normal mode is a typical way that you would count stock, you simply scan a barcode or type a product's description and then enter a Quantity and select Count.
If barcode quantities are setup correctly the "scanned" amount will be reflective of the barcode quantity (e.g. Scan a 6 pack and count 5 it will equal 30 items).
Example: A single, 6 pack and carton of VB Stubbies 375ml has been scanned with a quantity count of 1 for each.
- The accumulated total is 1 + 6 + 24 = 31 items.
Quick Scan Mode
Quick Scan Mode allows you to scan products without entering quantities, this is only useful if you want to apply a count of one to the scanned or searched product. Simply scan the barcode and the barcode quantity will be added to that product.
If you type in a product's description the quantity will be the base quantity for that product (typically one).
Completing a Stocktaking Session
Once all users have finished counting, choose one device to Complete the stocktake. Ensuring that all devices which were part of the stocktake have an active internet connection before completing.
Note: From this point on, sales will no longer be deducted from the counted products inventory, if doing this during trading hours, for maximum accuracy you should attempt to apply the stocktake before you start putting sales through on the register.
Applying a Stocktake
- Review: This will bring you to a review page to allow you to make any edits to the stocktake before applying.
- Ignore Other Stock: This will only adjust the stock of scanned products and will not touch any other products.
- Zero Other Stock: This will make all stock not scanned have an inventory of zero if stock take was started as a Full Stocktake. For Partial Stocktake, you will be brought to a list of categories which were part of the stocktake and will be able to add or remove any categories you wish from being zeroed.
Once you've confirmed the method the stocktake will be applied using the stocktake count will start applying in the background and you'll receive a notification once it is finished. This typically only takes a few minutes.
Selecting this notification will bring you to the stocktake review page and will allow you to view a variance report, as well as a list of scanned and not scanned products.
- Product counts and sales events will appear for all devices within the same stocktake session
- The events panel allows for the searching of a particular product's events. The panel displays how many times a product has been counted, by whom and when
- If a product is sold and then counted, new 'expected' amounts are adjusted based on the sales quantity
- If basket product types exist in your product file, check out the Basket Products help guide for information on how these products are treated in an advanced stocktake