To disable the print dialog box when printing a receipt, you will need to set up kiosk printing within Google Chrome. If you plan on printing from other web pages other than Shopfront then this setting is not advised.
Note; Please ensure that the latest version of Chrome is installed. Refer to Do I have the latest version of Chrome installed?
Configure Chrome Printing Settings
To enable kiosk printing we first want to ensure your Chrome printer settings are configured correctly.
- Open Google Chrome
- Select the three vertical dots in the top right corner
- Select Print
- The printer dialogue box will appear
- Ensure the default printer displayed is your receipt printer
- Click Cancel
- Close your Google Chrome browser
Note; Please refer to How to set up an image-capable thermal receipt printer in Google Chrome to ensure that the default printer settings have been set up correctly.
Configure Chrome Shortcut
Once the Chrome printing settings are configured we can modify the Shopfront shortcut on your desktop to default to kiosk printing.
- Right-click your Google Chrome or Shopfront icon found on your desktop
- Select Properties
- At the end of the target location type --kiosk-printing
Note; If you don't have a shopfront icon please refer to How to create a desktop shortcut for Shopfront.
Please sign in to leave a comment.