Shopfront supports generating orders using predefined levels and amounts known as reorder levels and reorder amounts respectively. It is useful to generate orders using reorder points if you know how much stock you want to order when your inventory reaches a certain level.
We would also suggest looking at generating dynamic orders which use your recent sales to generate an order.
Setting Reorder Points
Before generating an order using reorder points you'll need to set up reorder levels and reorder amounts for products.
- Open the Menu
- Select Stock
- Select Products
- Find the Product you wish to modify and enter the edit screen
- Change to the Inventory tab
- Set the Reorder Level and Reorder Amount to the points you want, optionally a Reorder Limit can be set to ensure the ordered amount never passes the maximum limit
- Set a Reorder Rounding option using the following section as a guide
- Press Save Product
If you reorder stock using either our sales or reorder point generation we’ve added the ability to round the calculation to individual products.
This is designed to assist with preventing Shopfront from recommending you to order items if the supplier only accepts cases. There are four different rounding options that can be applied:
- No Rounding (default, how Shopfront was previously working),
- Round Up to Case,
- Round Down to Case,
- Round Naturally to Case (if it’s closer to zero it’ll round down, if it’s closer to the case quantity it’ll round up)
So if you’ve got the setting set as Round Down to Case and Shopfront was previously going to suggest 2 cases and 3 items, it’ll now only suggest 2 cases.
When all of your reorder points have been set, you'll need to create an order as specified in creating supplier orders, however, you'll have to set Generate Stock From to Reorder Points.
Once the order has been created you'll be able to edit and modify the order to your liking before sending it.