Shopfront allows you to merge tax rates, this is typically done after importing or converting your data from another POS vendor, but may sometimes be required if a duplicate has been manually created.
Note: There is no way to reverse the process once the tax rates have been merged.
To merge the tax rates, both tax rates will need to be at the same rate and you'll need to following the below:
- Open the Menu
- Expand Setup
- Select Tax Rates
- Press the Merge button at the top of the page
- Select the source tax rate (this is the one to merge)
- Select the destination tax rate (this is the one to keep)
- Only tax rates with a matching rate will be shown
- Press the Continue button
Once done, all product and sale data will be moved from the source tax rate and added to the destination tax rate. The source tax rate will then be automatically deleted.